PODGORZE & JEWISH GHETTO
On this tour our guide will show you the emerging district of Podgorze with its street art murals, forgotten streets and off the beaten path treasures. We’ll start at Father Bernatek Footbridge in the Jewish Quarter and run across Vistula river to Podgorze and the area of the World War II Jewish ghetto. We'll stop at a few remnants of the ghetto dotted throughout the district, we’ll ascend the ancient Krakus Mound for great panoramic views of Krakow and another hill to see an Austrian fortress and a pre-medieval church, we’ll run to the green area of the former Liban Quarry, famous from Schindler’s List, and to the remains of Plaszow Nazi Labour Camp. Then we’ll return to the start point through green parks and picturesque Vistula river boulevards.
|TOTAL PRICE||40 €||50 €||60 €||70 €|
- Start point: Father Bernatek Footbridge on Vistula river (corner of Mostowa & Podgorska streets in Kazimierz Quarter)
- Hotel pick-up available, see details
- Finish: Father Bernatek Footbridge
- Duration: 2h 15min
- Distance: 11km/6,8mi
- Elevation gain: 180m ascent, 180m descent
- Difficulty: small hills on the route
- Tour type: Private Running Tour – organized only for you or your group on an arranged date & time. We provide 1 running guide for every 8 participants.
- Pace: relaxing 6-7min/km with short stops at the main attractions, option to set faster pace up to 5min/km)
- Language: English or Polish
- You need: running shoes, suitable clothing & a bottle of water (you can buy one during the tour)
- Valuables: Our guides carry small backpacks where you can put your keys, a small wallet etc.
- Weather: We run whatever the weather is
- Payment: 20% deposit online required, balance in cash on spot
- Private Tour needs reservation, please don’t show up without reservation!
We are temporarily closed for individual customers.
...but we still can tailor private running tours for groups of 10 or more runners.
Please contact us directly on: email@example.com
Krakow Running Tours Team